Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. – Deuteronomy 6:7
This world can look pretty hopeless through the natural eye. Too many youth struggle to see real hope in the world, when life and death are unpredictable and don’t appear to make sense.
Therefore, we need to consistently show children God’s view of this world, life and death. From God’s view, hope is real and is found in his Son, Jesus Christ.
Lifeway’s Gospel Project provides a superior approach to teach children God’s story of reality and hope in the world they live in. That’s why we use The Gospel Project in our elementary children’s ministry at Cottonwood Creek.
This outline is an excellent guide for teaching children (and ourselves) the real-life view of this world:
- Revelation – God has kept his Word, The Bible, preserved for us to learn his great plan for our lives and this world. His words are true, reliable and will last forever. The evidence for the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, as described in The Bible, is overwhelming.
- Creation – God created all things to be good. He created every person in his own image. God loves and values every soul, including me and my neighbor.
- The Fall – All people and all creation are fallen and broken because of sin. Every person is naturally born a slave to sin and spiritually dead. The only real hope in this world is God’s plan to save us.
- Redemption – God loves everyone in the world so much that he sent his Son, Jesus Christ, as the The Only Way to take away our sin, save us and give us eternal life with him. Everyone who trusts in Jesus Christ by faith is saved from sin and eternal death.
- The Church – Everyone who is saved by Jesus Christ is a part of his body, The Church. Jesus gave his Church the mission to glorify God by doing good works and teaching others to know and follow him.
- Restoration – God’s final plan is to make all things completely new and good again through Jesus Christ. Everyone who is saved through faith in Jesus Christ will get a new, resurrected body and will live in God’s perfect world forever. No matter how impossible things look, God’s love never ends. He is ultimately in control.
The Bible reveals God’s plan of hope. Every page of Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation, points to the world’s only hope—The Son of God, Jesus Christ. Make sure your children know God’s plan.